Eleven harrowing hours later (it actually wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be), a bout of car sickness, a burger at the famous Husdon's in Coueur d' Alene and a few stops for the dogs, I surprised my parents with the best gift of all: ME. Unfortunately, my sister got stuck in Chicago with her boyfriend and his family, but she'll be back tomorrow and I'l sure we'll do Christmas all over again.
Regardless, my Christmas Eve consisted of the following:
- Cooking Prime Rib with my mom, dad and brother
- Drinking lots of champagne
- Opening a bottle of French red wine my dad was given when my brother was born (21 years ago)
- Opening another bottle of red wine because that one just wasn't...quite...right...
- Talking about politics, religion, homosexuality, marriage and whether or not I should sell my eggs to make money
- Making a fire and drinking hot chocolate with 100 proof peppermint schnapps
- Watching WALL-E and tearing up at least 10 times
- Watching my tipsy father fall over trying to let the cat in the house
I hope everyone had a wonderful day with their families and friends. Can't wait to see what the New Year brings! Happy, happy Holidays from Jackson and Lizzie.